Head of School – Business & Management
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College. Established in 1974 the College is Ofsted inspected, QAA reviewed and OfS registered, with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
Leadership of the Business School that requires an individual who can bring not just the academic and management skills necessary, but also a vision to inspire others and the ability to manage people and performance, both internally and also with external partners and stakeholders. More specifically, you’ll be the focal point driving and motivating your colleagues to ensure we continue to provide and develop high quality, innovative teaching that will attract and inspire students, as well encouraging collaboration to extend and strengthen our provision.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious and highly resilient academic with a passion for driving forward innovation in higher education. You will have to manage change in a fast-paced environment focused on delivering an excellent student experience, and leading improvements to student progression and success rates.
We’re looking for someone with an exceptional academic track record coupled with a demonstrable desire to create a modern, innovative learning environment for today’s competitive market.
Applicants will be expected to have:
- significant leadership, management and teaching experience in a higher education role
- a postgraduate level qualification(s) and professional memberships
- an appropriate teaching qualification or registered practitioner status with Advance HE
- academic credibility evidenced by strong subject specific knowledge with evidence of relevant continuous professional development
- experience of quality assurance and enhancement processes with evidence of curriculum design and course approval/validation
- experience of appraisal processes and developing staff at all levels
- demonstrable MS Office skills, VLE expertise and experience in developing online/blended courses/materials
The vacancy is open for a February/March 2022 start, although for the right candidate a later appointment will be accommodated.
Job description and person specification available by following the apply link.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org