- Hours of work: Between 18.5 - 37 hours per week, to be discussed at interview.
- Weeks: Term time only, 40 weeks per year
- Duration: This post is fixed term until 30 June 2022.
- Location: College wide – working across Wakefield and Castleford campus
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Student Counsellor to join our Student Services team. As a Student Counsellor, you will be part of a small team who provide 1:1 counselling to students at the College, working closely to ensure that all students receiving counselling are supported to a high level.
This role will involve providing 1:1 counselling delivered either face to face, by telephone or Microsoft Teams. You will liaise with external agencies and other support staff within the College to ensure that student’s needs are met appropriately, maintaining multi-disciplinary boundaries.
As a Student Counsellor, you should:
- Be educated to a minimum post graduate level 5 diploma in counselling in either an Integrative, Humanistic or Person-Centre models
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 – 4 in English and Maths or Level 2 equivalent
- Be registered with a professional organisation that’s been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA) e.g. Reg. MBACP
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a post qualifying counselling role with appropriate supervision
- Experience and understanding of the concerns of young people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good administrative and IT skills relating to report writing and maintaining statistical records
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 24 January 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Direct applicants only, please note no agency CV’s / referrals will be accepted.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.