Hairdressing Tutor (Women's)
Women’s Hairdressing Tutor - £28.08 per hour (part time hours)
Fixed temporary short-term contract to cover Maternity Leave until Easter 2022
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a City for All where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community-based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Women’s Hairdressing tutor to deliver and assess Level 3 Women’s Hairdressing on line 3 hours a week on a Friday to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London.
You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessment to support learners in online sessions using Microsoft Teams to successfully complete their qualification using an e portfolio platform, One File.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deliver training and support remotely to groups and/or individuals.
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports.
- Ensuring all documentation both paper based and electronic (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual Learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc) are completed to a satisfactory level and in a timely fashion.
- A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably
- PGCE or equivalent - Essential
- Recognised Assessor qualification - Essential
- Recognised Internal Verification qualification - Desirable
- An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours per year)
- Women’s Hairdressing qualification at level 3 or above or demonstrable occupational experience
- Able to deliver teaching using Microsoft Teams
What we offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
The closing date to apply for this post is 9am Friday 28 January 2022. Interviews for this post will take place on Thursday 3 February 2022.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/1048
When you have completed your application, please email the application back to email@example.com
A Basic DBS is required for this post.
CV’s will not be accepted for this post.
Please apply via the link