Lecturer in Plumbing
We have a great opportunity based at Gas and Plumbing Technology Centre for a Lecturer in Plumbing to become a key member of our Plumbing department.
As a Lecturer in Plumbing, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying plumbing and heating on a range of courses and levels.
- Contributing pro-actively in the development of the Centre curriculum incorporating innovative teaching strategies.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of current teaching and assessing on Level 1-2-& 3 Plumbing programmes and evidence of successfully teaching and training a diverse range of students and adapt accordingly to create a supportive environment for students, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 NVQ or Advanced Craft qualification in Plumbing and Heating
- Willingness to achieve Certificate in Education or equivalent
- Current Gas safe standards e.g. CCN1, WAT1, CKR1 etc
- A1, D32/33, or QCF Assessing qualification
- Industrial qualifications-Un-vented Hot water, Water Regs, Energy efficiency
- GCSE Maths and English grade A-C or equivalent
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
£25,500 - £33,000 per annum, depending on qualifications and experience
392.2 hours holiday per annum
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.