Capital Projects Manager
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Capital Projects Manager to become a key member of our Estates management team.
As a Capital Projects Manager you will play a pivotal role in the success of our colleges and their students through:
- Managing/assisting in the directing, co-ordination and management of the College’s redevelopment programme of works in conjunction with the consultant team (including college officers) and other third parties
- Assisting in the effective cost and control management of capital buildings projects.
- Ensuring projects are aligned to the College strategic objectives, the Estates Strategy and the de-carbonisation agenda
- Managing/assisting in the tendering of projects to ensure they meet the requirements of the College financial procurement regulations and are delivered in a timely manner along with the issuing of contracts as maybe required for buildings, services and consultancy.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of successfully managing projects within budget, planning cashflows and experience of preparing project scopes and tenders, alongside the following qualifications:
- Membership of a professional body of comparable standing: Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB),
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
2 year Fixed-term Contract
- 37 hours per week
- 35 days, plus public holidays
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.