We have a great opportunities based at our Bedford and Shuttleworth campuses for Teaching Assistants, to become a key member of our Additional Learning Support department.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Assisting the learner in accessing the curriculum
- Assisting the learner to achieve their qualification aim
- Assisting the learner to become independent learners
- Delivering the support needs of the individual as identified at the support interview
Our ideal candidates will have working knowledge of Learner Support post 16 and experience of providing support to individuals in an educational or care setting, alongside the following qualifications:
- Qualified to Level 3 in a relevant subject.
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Level 3 certificate in adult English/maths subject support or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
37 hours per week (0.72323 FTE) / 34 weeks per year
259 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
This FTE calculation includes a notional allowance for Annual Leave, which is taken during non-working weeks based on a working pattern of 37 hours over 34 weeks.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.