Teacher / Lecturer in Accountancy
Hours: Up to 37 hours per week – Option of either 2 x part time positions or 1 x full time position. Please state your preference of hours in your application.
This post includes 2 evening classes per week, until 9.00pm.
Salary: £25,633 - £27,177 per annum pro rata for part time (Unqualified)
£29,691 - £33,410 per annum pro rata for part time (Qualified)
Location: Wakefield City Campus
We have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher / Lecturer in Accountancy to join our Business and Professional team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team of highly committed, professional and experienced Lecturers who have a proven track record of success.
The AAT Accounting programmes are offered alongside a number of other varied professional programmes and validated degree programmes and attracts a good number of students. You will teach AAT accountancy qualifications to professional students, including apprentices and collaborate with the team to support the delivery of accountancy apprenticeships.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher who is flexible, motivated and passionate about their subject area and can motivate and enthuse our students to ensure they reach their full potential.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Accountancy, you should:
- Hold a degree or professional qualification of an equivalent level in Accountancy
- Have GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Have experience of teaching Accountancy at levels 2 – 4 (or other related professional subjects)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum (Accountancy – AAT)
- A track record of good success rates in teaching and learning
- Good IT skills and competent in the use of technology in and out of the classroom including MS Teams for online teaching and learning
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 24 January 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 9 February 2022
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave pro rata for part time + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Direct applicants only, no agency CV’s.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.