Lecturer in Health and Social Care
Hours of work: 18.5 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lecturer in Health and Social Care to join our dedicated and enthusiastic Care and Early Years department, where you will benefit from a very supportive team of specialists.
As a Lecturer in Health and Social Care, you will develop and deliver outstanding teaching and learning on a range of courses within the Health and Social Care curriculum area.
You will provide an excellent student experience so that students enjoy and achieve their qualifications, and develop wider personal, professional, and academic skills to enable their continued progression and success.
As a Lecturer in Health and Social Care, you should:
- Have a Degree in subject area of Health and Social Care or health related discipline
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or Level 2 equivalent
- Have experience of teaching Health and Social Care or have experience within the sector and a willingness to develop your teaching skills.
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- An up-to-date knowledge of the sector
- The ability to teach on a range of courses within the area
- Experience of adopting a range of teaching and learning strategies
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave pro rata for part time + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 19 January 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 26 January 2022
Direct applicants only, no agency CV’s.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.