- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Kia Car Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
High Pavement Sixth Form
Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
A range of posts available both permanent and Temporary see below:
· Student Adviser – Admissions specialist – 3 days a week 8.30am – 4.30pm based at High Pavement sixth form centre Permanent
· Student Adviser - Enrolment specialist – Full time Mon – Fri – 8am – 4pm/8.30 – 4.30pm/ 9-5pm Temporary to cover a secondment until end July 2022 ( with a possible extension for a minimum of 6 months) Based at City Hub Campus
Nottingham College is one of the largest further education colleges in the country creating opportunities for employment and progression to higher education for the people of Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; raising their prosperity and that of the local economy.
As we continue to support our students through their journey with us we are seeking highly motivated and forward thinking individuals to help us achieve our ambitions.
Are you looking for varied, challenging role which will provide you with the opportunity to develop your administration skills and student facing experience, really making a difference to our diverse range of students? Full training will be provided for these roles, with on-going high quality continuing professional development.
Your role will support students to transition into college life, supporting them to navigate the steps through admissions to enrolment and beyond. Your student focussed approach will ensure each and every individual has the best start to college life, are well informed about the range of support available to them and are supported to access any support they might need during their time with us as a student.
You will work as part of a well-established and forward thinking team, who take pride in working proactively to find solutions for students and stakeholders. You’ll need to have energy and passion to provide the best for our students and have the ability and experience to work with a diverse range of customers both face to face and over the phone.
We would love to hear from you if have experience in the following?
• Working in a complex and diverse customer focused environment
• Highly developed administrative skills
• Dealing with demanding workloads and at times challenging customers/ stakeholders with compassion and sensitivity
• Highly effective organisation and prioritisation skills
• Accurate ability on a range of IT packages ideally including large corporate databases and online platforms such as Microsoft teams, Zoom, Skype
• Flexible working as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and Verbal) with a wide range of individuals
You should have a confident outgoing personality, who can provide an excellent first contact resolution service across the whole student journey> Your role will have a main specialist focus of admissions, enrolment services or information provision via various communication channels including call centre, and email enquiries. During peak times such as enrolment you will be required to support students to enrol as part of the whole college enrolment events.
You will also support other services such as Reception and Student finance from time to time, to give students the best possible experience throughout the student lifecycle at Nottingham College.
You will be expected to work in an agile working environment, and at times maybe required to work across any of the areas of the department and at any of our 7 campuses.
A key focus of this role will be to deliver your services within the Student Hubs on the campus, Here you will work alongside colleagues from the wider student services team, such as Additional learning support, Student Wellbeing and enrichment. Together you will provide personalised holistic support throughout the student journey.
You will utilise your excellent administration skills whilst working collaboratively with a range of other professional services and curriculum colleagues across the college to ensure the service provided is outstanding and meets the needs of all of its diverse customers, students and stakeholders.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process. The Role Profile can be viewed on our vacancies page www.nottinghamcollege.ac.uk/vacancies.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Helen Bird (Head of Student Operations and Careers Leader), Shannel Miranda Student Operations Business Manager on 0115 9 100 100.
The closing date is Sat 15th January 2022 at 4pm
Interviews/assessment ate Thursday 27th January 2022
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.