Payroll and Housing Apprentice
Black Country Housing Ltd
An excellent opportunity to begin developing a career in social housing, this role will entail various different priorities. This includes rent collection where monitoring of cases, calculating arrangements to pay off arrears, and delivering an excellent customer service is pivotal.
The role will also be expected to carry out home and site inspections to ensure our customers are safe and secure. We are also exploring ways to increase our online usage and you will play a big part in this. Working within a team to learn about anti-social behaviour cases and identifying ways to resolve these cases, alongside being involved in our lettings process, ensuring our homes are let fairly and transparently to those that need them.
- To identify tenants falling into arrears and monitoring existing cases and ensure prompt action is taken
- To support Customer Relation Managers with the impacts of the welfare benefit reforms
- To maintain and update an accurate computerised and manual records system
- To carry out site and home inspections to make sure tenants are safe and secure
- To help shape our digitalised platforms so we can engage with our tenants
- To support the administration duties involved within our lettings process making sure homes are let fairly and to those who need them
- To look at marketing and how we can make brand BCHG known and liked
- To work with fellow Customer Relation Manager’s to learn about tenancy and ASB case management and apply the learning
- To assist in the collection of former tenancy arrears
- To spend time in the wider organisation and to learn more about Social Housing Finance, Development, Governance and Social Business
- To ensure that BCHG’s Values are adhered to and actively promoted
- To attend meetings and/or training and development activities, and represent BCHG, as required
- Ensure data we collect is handled fairly, lawfully and appropriately used in keeping with our Data Protection Policy
- Ensure that all the Group’s policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Undertake any other tasks appropriate to the post as required by the Group
- Ensure that the Group’s Equal Opportunities Policy and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion strategy is implemented at all times
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.