Facilities Supervisor x 2 (DC067)
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
2x Full Time contracts
WHAT WE DO
The Directorate of Estates and Capital Projects comprises Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team, Property and Maintenance team and Capital Projects team. Between them they service the estate across the whole of the Luminate Group; As well as undergoing a significant restructure to enable future growth and address much needed change, the directorate is embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will address a significant growth in student numbers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for the day to day provision of premises services, including cleaning, security and portering/setups to meet the needs of all customers.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees and stakeholders and work closely with the Health & Safety Advisor to ensure all external service providers operate to safe systems of working (SSOW) in full compliance with statutory and Group requirements.
- Work in partnership with the Facilities Manager and other Facilities Supervisors to ensure a customer focused and responsive service is always provided across the team.
- Lead a team of Facilities Assistants to provide an outstanding premises service including systems and processes that ensure effective opening and locking of sites, building and grounds patrols, CCTV system monitoring as required (in line with policy and legislation only designated named staff will be expected to view CCTV and training will be given) and inspection checks as well as transport of goods and services between campuses, on-site contractor management and day-to-day maintenance.
- Lead the cleaning team (where applicable) ensuring effective cleaning rotas are in place and ensure that the site is cleaned in line with agreed standards.
- Lead the Facilities Assistants Team (where applicable) ensuring the provision of all security duties including guarding, patrolling, access control and monitoring as required to support the provision of a safe and secure environment and provide effective security of site buildings, contents and ground.
- Ensure the correct PPE is available for team members and all H&S guidelines are followed.
- Responsible for on-site contractors, ensuring that all Luminate Group policies are followed. Ensure contractors follow the required Safeguarding policy and are DBS checked and supervised as appropriate when working on site or in the presence of students.
- Monitor stock levels of cleaning materials, PPE, maintenance materials and First Aid Supplies and ensure that an appropriate supply of materials is maintained.
- Complete regular inspections and checks to ensure the maintenance of statutory obligations and a safe and welcoming environment for staff, students and visitors (including weekly, monthly, Quarterly Health & Safety Inspection checks and audits, Fire Safety Equipment checks, Fire Panel Fault Checks, Weekly Flushing of lesser-used water outlets, checks and resupplies of First Aid boxes etc).
- Ensure service desk requests are responded to within agreed timescales and keep customers informed about the progress of their requests.
- Responsible for the opening and closing of buildings and premises in accordance with agreed procedures, operating intruder, fire, access control, CCTV (in line with policy and legislation only designated named staff will be expected to view CCTV and training will be given) and other building systems as required and to check the BMS and heating and ventilation plant and equipment ensuring appropriate comfort levels.
- Ensure all Facilities Assistants receive the appropriate training on health and safety legislation and safe working practices and procedures, security and customer support.
- Provide an effective, efficient and responsive 24-hour emergency response service and act as a member of the emergency response team providing immediate action in case of emergency, summon and deal with emergency services and assist in site evacuation procedures including for those with Personal Evacuation Plans (PEEPS).
- Compile and distribute regular high quality management information reports on the campus to the Facilities Manager and Head of Campus Facilities.
- Monitor compliance with Group policies and procedures and take action to address incidents of non-compliance
- Essential GCSEs including English and maths (or equivalent qualifications)
- Health & Safety training or relevant Level 4 qualification
- Experience of working in a customer service environment in a supervisory role
- Experience of supervisory experience in premises security
- Knowledge of building management and equipment loan systems
- Experience of operation of intruder and fire alarms Previous line management or supervisory experience
- Desirable Fully qualified First Aider A, C SIA Licence Holder or willing to undertake appropriate security training
- ILM Level 2 or above or equivalent qualification in team leading/supervision or management.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Simon Duarri email@example.com
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.