Network Support Officer
Are you looking for a rewarding job, secure employer, and amazing benefits?
Do you want to work for an award-winning organisation?
Do you have a strong customer focus and problem solving skills?
Oldham College are looking to recruit a highly motivated individual to provide Network support to College staff and learners.
You will be a member of a busy team and no two days are the same. You will be responsible for day-to-day maintenance of IT equipment, dealing with common network problems, installing and maintaining software packages. You will support staff and students in using the College systems and software, including providing I.T. support for classes, some of which take place in the evenings so you will be prepared to work regular evening shifts, and some occasional weekends.
Network Support Experience
You will at least two years experience in Network support, and a good working knowledge which will include:
- Microsoft server products and Desktop operating systems,
- Backup and disaster recovery,
- DNS,DHCP and VLANs
- LAN, WAN and WiFi installation and troubleshooting
- Server operating systems
- Virtualisation including VMware, Hyper V and Virtual Desktops
You will have good diagnostic skills and the ability to diagnose problems and determine solutions together with a strong customer focus.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants a new challenge and genuine career development.
About Oldham College
You will benefit from:
- Generous holiday allowances – including two weeks over the Christmas period
- Generous pension scheme (Local Government Pensions Scheme)
- A fantastic range of employee benefits and rewards
- An award-winning programme of Continuous Professional Development for all staff
- State-of-the-art facilities including an on-site Café
- A modern, vibrant campus in an accessible town centre setting
- Great staff support including an Employee Assistance Programme which includes legal and financial advice and a confidential counselling
DID YOU KNOW? Oldham College is officially a Great Place to Work 2021™ and also ranked 27th in the Large Size category of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Women. Read more here
Our independently-researched staff survey results for 2021 found that:
- 94 per cent of respondents agree that ‘People here are treated fairly regardless of their race or ethnic origin’
- 92 per cent agree that ‘People here are treated fairly regardless of their gender’
- 89 per cent agreed that ‘When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride’
- And 88 per cent agreed that ‘I’m proud to tell others I work here.’
Here is a sample of what some of our staff said:
“Right from the interview stage, you are made to feel welcomed by everyone. It's a friendly place to work, you see lots of smiles during the day.”
“This is a friendly and warm organisation and I feel lucky to work here.”
“The team spirit, honest management style, celebrating diversity and celebrating everyone's success no matter how small and regardless of job role/level.”