Restaurant Service Lecturer
Do you want to inspire and support the next generation?
Are you looking for a new challenge with excellent benefits?
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the region. The College understands the importance of recruiting talented and passionate staff that are central to all College achievements and are the driving force in the success of our learners.
The Position: We’re looking for a Restaurant Service Lecturer.
Requirements for the role:
- Appropriate teaching as well as subject specific qualifications, at Level 3 or above
- Experience of working as a leader in a front of house role within the Catering and Hospitality industry or running a College Restaurant in line with curriculum requirements
- Excellent customer service skills in order to form key relationships with colleagues, students, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders
Responsibilities for the role:
- Formal scheduled teaching, including planning, delivery and assessment
- Significant contribution to the running of the Glebegate Restaurant, including administrative duties and stock control
- Provide high quality academic, pastoral and personal support for students, including acting as an academic coordinator to a group of students
The Location: The post is based at: Nuneaton Campus. This is a great place to live with plenty of social and sport facilities together with great transport links.
Why Should You Apply?
- We offer great holidays and access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- We also offer staff development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Interview date: 11/01/2022(TBC)
We anticipate that this position will attract significant interest - you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time, once we have received sufficient applications. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
This role requires you to be an ambassador for the College, following the “NWSLC Way” framework by promoting and adhering to the College values and behaviours. The ‘NWSLC Way’ is to help each other to take pride in what we do and work together to realise our full potential, to nurture an environment of trust, to inspire colleagues to improve and develop, aspire to always deliver a high quality service and to create an environment of continuous improvement.
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. Our College welcomes staff and students from a diverse range of backgrounds, and our College values promote respect for those of all races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations. We recognise that diversity and difference brings richness to our College. Being inclusive and enabling people to thrive and give their best is essential to our College and in us being able to deliver the best possible services to the communities we serve.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and offer flexible working opportunities including family friendly policies and procedures.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for all roles at the College.
What we do
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College (NWSLC) is a large Further Education college offering a wide range of full-time, part-time, Higher Education and Apprenticeship programmes over six campuses based within Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
The College also works with over 600 businesses across a wide range of sectors – working with organisations to determine their ‘training needs analysis’. We then design a programme to match your (the employer’s) requirements.
At the heart of our college community sits a set of values:
- Respect and Nurture
- Inspire and Aspire
- Be Agile and Responsive
- Be Honest and Accountable
These values shape and guide how we behave. The generosity, care and compassion of our staff and students are reflected in our support for many charities as well as in the work we do within our local communities.