Progress Support Tutor
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Duration: Fixed term for 12 months
Location: Castleford WF10 4UA and Wakefield WF1 2DH
Do you want to join a hardworking and successful department that delivers an extensive construction curriculum to a growing number of students?
Our Construction department delivers a range of training and learning programmes covering: Bricklaying, Bench Joinery and Site Carpentry, Plastering, Electrical Installation and Plumbing, with qualifications from entry level to Level 4 (HNC)
As a Progress Support Tutor, you will work with the vocational delivery teams within our Construction department to support learners on full time programmes with their transition to the further education environment and their academic progress throughout the year. You will provide appropriate learner support and guidance to enable students to achieve success, develop their potential and progress.
As a Progress Support Tutor, your role will include;
- Support students to ensure their induction is fully recorded and they have recorded their goals for the academic year.
- Arrange and meet with learners within the Construction department on a regular basis to complete their individual learning plans, recording details and setting targets using the ProMonitor system. When meeting with students, record attendance to date and progress to date across all elements of their study programme.
- Working in conjunction with the vocational delivery tutor, establish clear and achievable targets for learners to support them to achieve their full potential. You will monitor and review these targets.
- Support with the delivery of a range of employability and personal and social development programmes as determined by the programme area.
As a Progress Support Tutor, you should:
- Have GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or Level 2 equivalent
- Have experience of supporting learners within an educational environment
- Show evidence of relevant and recent professional development
- Have good IT skills and excellent organisational skills
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would like to join us please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- A wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Tuesday 14 December 2021
Direct applicants only, please note no agency referrals will be accepted.
Please be aware that this vacancy may close earlier dependent on the level of applications received so if you do wish to be considered we recommend that you complete the application as promptly as possible.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.