Senior Project Manager
Do you have great project management skills and experience of managing projects from start to completion?
Do you want to work for an award-winning and ambitious organisation?
We're looking for a highly successful project manager, ideally with recent experience in running and managing projects.
Educated to degree level or equivalent, you will hold a project management qualification and /or relevant project management experience. You will be able to demonstrate programme management experience in the public, private or voluntary sectors. An understanding of the education and FE sector would be an advantage.
You will work with senior stakeholders and project sponsors to define and maintain project plans, engaging with and influencing stakeholders to ensure projects deliver agreed business objectives on time, within cost and to defined quality levels.
You will also work with the leads for various College functions and team managers across the wider College to ensure that projects are delivered in line with ongoing strategic developments.
This is an exciting time to join the College and play a leading role in delivering projects that contribute to our journey to Outstanding status.
- Generous salary for the right candidate.
- Initially 12 months Fixed Term with the possibility of becoming permanent.
- This is a part-time vacancy (0.6 FTE) and we are open to discussion on how the hours will be distributed.
Further Information on working at Oldham College
You will benefit from:
- Generous holiday allowances – including two weeks over the Christmas period
- Generous pension scheme (Local Government Pensions Scheme)
- A fantastic range of employee benefits and rewards
- An award-winning programme of Continuous Professional Development for all staff
- State-of-the-art facilities including an on-site Café
- A modern, vibrant campus in an accessible town centre setting
- Great staff support including an Employee Assistance Programme which includes legal and financial advice and a confidential counselling
DID YOU KNOW? Oldham College is officially a Great Place to Work 2021™ and also ranked 27th in the Large Size category of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Women. Read more here
Our independently-researched staff survey results for 2021 found that:
- 94 per cent of respondents agree that ‘People here are treated fairly regardless of their race or ethnic origin’
- 92 per cent agree that ‘People here are treated fairly regardless of their gender’
- 89 per cent agreed that ‘When I look at what we accomplish, I feel a sense of pride’
- And 88 per cent agreed that ‘I’m proud to tell others I work here.’
Here is a sample of what some of our staff said:
“Right from the interview stage, you are made to feel welcomed by everyone. It's a friendly place to work, you see lots of smiles during the day.”
“This is a friendly and warm organisation and I feel lucky to work here.”
“The team spirit, honest management style, celebrating diversity and celebrating everyone's success no matter how small and regardless of job role/level.”
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.