Business Administration Apprentice Level 3
Hob Green Primary School We are looking for an apprentice to work in the main school office at both schools, you will work along the Admin assistants and the Business Manager. Duties include - Daily Attendance, Emails, Post / Deliveries, Newsletters, Parent Communication, Stock, Front desk, General Office Duties, Letters, Coaches, Trips / Residentials, Paperwork
- Data entry and production of basic reports
- Collecting assessment data from teachers and inputting this
- Produce timetables
- Maintain a stock book
- Maintain and audit uniform stocks, sell items and account for cash
- Produce class lists, usually in response to teacher enquiries, of e.g. medication information, contact numbers, addresses and ensure consent forms are returned
- Telephone/reception acting as first point of contact for the school
- Diary management for the head and / or leadership group as required.
- Checking availability of rooms for internal / external use as and when required.
- Liaise with school health service, external agencies and parents including Emergency Services, Education Social Work, Speech Therapy and other services coming in to school.
- Oversee appointments - doctor, dentist, immunizations
Dispatch appointments - collate responses.
- Where the school has secure gates, monitor and control visitors.
- Be accountable for controlled stationery
- Maintenance of reprographics equipment.
- Administer fund raising efforts
- Report Faults to office and contact contractors
- Assisting with the production of school publications.
- Updating prospectus by obtaining information and co-ordinating the update
- Update schemes of work
- Collating, printing and copying School reports and record of achievement sheets
- FSM maintain data base and dinner registers
- Review YourHR and extract new documentation
- Using appropriate IT software packages for the production of school publications and documentation.
- Ensure that an effective reprographics service is developed and maintained including supplies e.g. paper
- Correspondence absences/telephone calls, informing EWS
- Prepare correspondence, collect fees and chase non payments for lettings.
- Weekly Education Maintenance Allowance returns on attendance to appropriate Local Authority.
- Administer book club/tuck shop including receipt and handover of small amounts of cash
- Close orders at the end of financial year checking outstanding commitments
- Processing petty cash claims and banking under the supervision/direction of the line manager
- Produce VAT return Capitation A/c
- Recoup free school milk allowance for schools not serviced by Dudley Catering Services
- Obtaining quotes & carrying out basic liaison with contractors
- Capitation cheque book entries on LFM
- Prepare orders for supplies through approved suppliers and for submission to line manager for authorisation and identification of budget code
- Maintain record of staff duty dinners and payment
- Monitor attendance on courses
- Monitor absences and holiday leave
- Day to day supervision of staff and work experience trainees including basic instruction and answering of queries, under the direction of the named line manager.
Support for the School
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security, confidentiality and data protection. Reporting all concerns to the appropriate person.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Any other duties commensurate with the duties/responsibilities/grade of the post
- All staff in school will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements and the allocation of duties including duties normally allocated to posts at a lower responsibility level, in pursuance of raising pupil achievement and effective team working.
All staff in school will be expected to accept reasonable flexibility in working arrangements and the allocation of duties in pursuance of raising pupil achievement. Any changes will take account of salary/ status/hours and will be subject to discussion, in accordance with the guidance note on contractual changes.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.