Geospatial Survey Technician Apprentice
Working week: Monday to Friday. Start: 9.00am. Finish:5.30pm.
Total hours per week: 37.50
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start their career in the geospatial industry, in a varied and interesting role requiring strong organisational skills to provide surveying services on Rural, Commercial, Development and infrastructure projects.
Duties will include, however, are not limited to:
- Assisting the surveyor onsite at client premises with calculating land/building measurements
- Using the latest survey technology to assist the surveyor by operating the Total Station (Theodolite), GPS, and/or Scanner
- Checking surveyors calculations
- Responsible for checking the surveyors kit before and after jobs i.e. ensure batteries are fully charged
- Set up and operate equipment under the guidance of a surveyor on site.
- Knock in pegs, pins and lift manholes when appropriate
- Prepare the vehicle before leaving to go on site
- Load and unload all necessary equipment into and out of the company vehicles (checking all equipment taken, returns to the kit room)
- Loading information onto the system
- Process surveys under the guidance of a surveyor
- Undertake setting out under the guidance of a surveyor on site
- Maintain and clean all pieces of equipment and vehicles on return from site and highlight any equipment issues to the Surveyor
- File contract files when required and fill in job site information on the database
- Complete all site Risk Assessments
- Ensure that all quality control procedures are carried out on site and in the development of a survey
- Follow procedures in accordance with our ISO certification, learning about the importance of health & safety and quality and accuracy within the business as well as the environmental impact of the company
- Office time will be used to learn how to use software such as n4ce, AutoCAD, and other relevant software and to assist the surveyor in producing technical drawings
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as required by the Surveyor team
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.