General Catering Assistant / Cook
We have a great opportunity based at our Wixams campus for a General Catering Assistant / Cook to become a key member of our Bedford College Services department.
As a General Catering Assistant / Cook, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing support and assistance to customers and other staff members.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the kitchen and Restaurant facilities and ensure serviceability and security of tools and equipment, and ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Presenting a professional image to all customers and presentation and serving of food to an agreed standard.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of knowledge of Health & Safety procedures in catering environment and knowledge of food preparation and cooking skills, alongside the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of collecting monies through a cash register & PDQ machine
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate or equivalent
- Experience in customer care
- IT skills Word, Excel and Outlook
- Allergen training
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Services
25 hours per week (0.54824 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
Monday to Friday 8am – 13:30pm, term time only
264 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
This FTE calculation includes a notional allowance for Annual Leave, which is taken during non-working weeks based on a working pattern of 35 hours over 40 weeks.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.