Administrator (Maternity Cover)
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Duration: This post is fixed term to provide maternity cover for up to 12 months or upon the return of the post holder, whichever is the earliest.
Location: Castleford Campus
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Administrator to join our School Partnerships team, where you will provide a professional and efficient administration support to the team and assist with ensuring external stakeholders including prospective students, parents and partner schools get a positive first impression of the College.
As an Administrator within the School Partnerships team, this will involve:
- Providing administrative support for the Year 10 Taster Days, maintaining and updating the booking system and ensuring departments have all the essential information which they require to ensure the days run smoothly
- Supporting the organisation and delivery of the Children’s University programme by responding to enquiries, updating and maintaining College systems, liaising with schools and external partners, and managing and updating social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter)
- Providing administrative support for the Children’s University Graduation by maintaining and updating the booking system and providing on the day support for the Children’s University Graduation ceremony
- Responsibility for distributing and monitoring of annual School Partnership contracts
- Produce and distribute regular reports and updates to partner schools
- Deal with enquiries from staff and the public over the telephone, by email and in person.
As an Administrator, you should:
- Hold GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Have an IT qualification e.g. CLAIT, ECDL or equivalent experience
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a busy office environment
- Excellent administration and IT skills (MS office - Word and Excel)
- The ability to input data accurately
- Excellent communication skills
- A commitment to providing a quality service
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 8 December 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 15 December 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.