School Liaison Project Coordinator (LCC3076)
3 days left
- Full Time
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
We are looking for an organised, creative and motivated School Liaison Project Coordinator with experience of working with students and stakeholders.
You will join a fast growing and exciting department who work across Luminate Education Group, and share our brand values:
INSPIRING, PASSIONATE, COLLABORATIVE, ASPIRATIONAL, CELEBRATORY and RESPECTFUL.
The School Liaison team work across over 200 West and North Yorkshire schools to promote the Luminate offer, engaging and inspiring students in all age groups and giving information, advice and guidance about their post 16 options.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the School Liaison Team Leader, your role will involve being responsible for planning and delivering professional and engaging events to prospective college students from a range of schools across the region (primary and secondary).
You will offer an outstanding customer experience and will be either virtual or face to face.
- Work closely with the School Liaison team to delegate roles for various projects and to highlight key areas to promote (both internally and externally).
- Liaise with school staff from key feeder schools, specifically the White Rose Academy Trust schools, to advise them of the college offer and support them with post 16 option events.
- Work with the School Liaison Team Leader to create a year plan of events and activities.
- This role requires a proactive approach and preparation is key.
- Cross college working is important in delivering the best standard of events for prospective students.
- You will communicate effectively and professionally with our Student Recruitment and Customer Experience department, as well as alongside wider teams within the college, including the Marketing department and curriculum.
- Ensure that events help to grow the reputation of the colleges and highlight the full range of offers (including vocational, A level, apprenticeships, T levels).
- Analyse and evaluate data from events and produce reports to the School Liaison team and management to help continuous improvement within the team.
- Attend recruitment events, such as school assemblies, careers fairs, parents evenings, as well as college open days and recruitment fairs.
- Meet recruitment targets and use reports and data to understand group priorities.
- The role includes travel across the North and West Yorkshire region, evening working and occasional weekends. Access to a car is essential due to travelling commitments.
- Good general education, with youth work/careers/teaching qualification and willingness to work towards L3 IAG
- Experience of working with students, particularly ages 13-17
- Experience of project management and planning and delivering creative and engaging activities or events to support student engagement
- Experience of working with stakeholders, such as schools, parents and external support agencies
- Knowledge of curriculum areas and Leeds Enterprise Partnership (LEP) priorities
- Knowledge of barriers to learning and ways to overcome them, particularly with disaffected young people
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills -Experience of producing clear and in depth reports and analysing data effectively
- Able to work positively & effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative
- Good standard of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications and google applications
- Commitment to Luminate Education Group’s support and promotion of Equality and Diversity
- Committed to child protection and the promotion of a safe environment for children and young people to learn in
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Lori Hiscocks Lori.firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.