On-line Functional Skills Maths Tutor - £180 per learner
On-line Functional Skills Maths Tutor – £180 per learner
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a City for All where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
Portfolio/responsibilities of this role
- To provide high quality teaching and learning experiences for learners
- To track and monitor learners in line with service requirements to maximise outcomes for learners
- To assess learners in line with qualification specifications and awarding body requirements to maximise opportunities for learners
- To provide advice, guidance and support to learners to maximise outcomes for learners and progression opportunities
- To support Managers and Course Leaders to achieve the Service’s required targets
- On allocation learners are contacted in accordance with procedure and ILP’s created.
What we expect this role to achieve
- Progress is monitored and tracked through one to ones, tutorials and outcomes from the online platform.
- Tutorials are well prepared, suitable resources are developed and marking and assessment of mock exams is carried out to a high standard
- Course files are completed to service requirements and up to date.
- Learner attendance and punctuality is monitored to maintain high levels of retention and achievement and to support learner progression.
- Learners are booked in for exams in a timely manner. Any special requirements are brought to the attention of the Online Coach/Co-ordinator.
- Learners who are not progressing/attending are discussed regularly with Online Coach/Co-ordinator and decision made about withdrawal in a timely manner.
- Learners are withdrawn and transferred in accordance with WAES agreed timescales
- Attend regular standardisation meetings via SKYPE or Outlook Teams.
- Recent experience of teaching in a post-16/further education/adult education setting.
- Experience of good assessment practice in teaching and learning, and providing support to learners.
- Experience of devising lesson plans/course outlines and schemes of work.
- Experience of using Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) or a willingness to work towards.
- Professional experience in the industry.
- A recognised teaching qualification, minimum PTLLS/ Award in Education and Training (Level 3)
- Hold a recognised subject specialism qualification at a minimum of Level 3.
- Hold an assessor award (A1, TAQA, etc) or willingness to work towards.
What we Offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
To apply for this vacancy, please complete the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form from our website www.waes.ac.uk/vacancies
Please refer to the Job Description which is below when completing your supporting statement.
Please quote ED/WAES/1032 in all correspondence for this role
The closing date for this vacancy is 9am Friday 3 December 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 7 December 2021
CVs will not be accepted for this vacancy
A Basic DBS is required for this post