Technician - Art and Design
We have a great opportunity based at our Kettering campus for a Technician to become a key member of our Art and Design department.
As a Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing technical support and assistance to Lecturers and trainers in studio areas.
- Maintaining studio facilities and ensure serviceability and security of stock and equipment, and ensure Health and Safety requirements are met.
- Providing first aid response to learners, clients or staff where necessary.
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of current practices within the Art & Design industry and knowledge of Health and Safety practices and procedures, alongside the following qualifications:
- Experience in the Art & Design industry.
- Willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent or English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Willingness to work towards a First Aid qualification if not already held
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
20 hours per week (0.45993 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.