- Hours of work: 35 or 22.5 hours per week, term time only, 40 weeks per year
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
- Salary for 35 hours (Wakefield Campus): £16,756 - £18,254 per annum (actual salary)
Salary for 35 hours (Castleford Campus): £10,772 - £11,735 per annum (actual salary)
As a Study Coach you will provide coaching and additional support to a cohort of learners with a range of support needs on a one-to-one basis and group situations, with and without direct supervision.
You will develop specific strategies to support learner achievement, liaising with teaching and non-teaching staff to encourage learner motivation and engagement in their chosen area of study. You’ll contribute to the development of student’s literacy, communication, numeracy and study skills– as well as helping increase their levels of independence and social awareness in a range of settings.
As a Study Coach, you should:
- Hold a relevant qualification at Level 3
- Have GCSE grade A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or Level 2 equivalent
- Have the ability to plan and deliver one-to-one sessions to learners
- Have experience of providing support to 16-24 year olds with disabilities
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels verbally and in writing
- The ability to manage and advocate on behalf of challenging behaviour
- Confidently offering a range of strategies to assist tutors in making specific reasonable adjustments to ensure the student can fully access all the learning available
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 2 December 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.