- Hours: 30 hours per week, term time only, 40 weeks per year (Monday – Friday)
- Based: Wakefield, WF1 2DH and Castleford, WF10 4UA
Previous applicants need not apply.
As a Job Coach you will be in the Supported Employment team, which is a dedicated and exciting team to work for. You will be supporting students that have learning difficulties or a disability, into employment and making a real positive difference to Wakefield College students lives.
You will liaise with a number of local businesses within the Wakefield District that already have Wakefield College students as work placements and support them to progress to sustained employment. This is a very rewarding role and as a Job Coach you should be passionate about the support you will offer to the student’s future and career.
The Job Coach role will require involvement in:
- Taking referrals for supported employment and matching these to relevant employment prospects
- Liaising with local partner employers in order to secure suitable work placements and undertaking H&S risk assessments
- Completing follow up plans for each student and building natural support in the workplace.
- The Supported Employment model and Training in Systematic Instruction.
See what we have to offer at Wakefield College and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am Thursday 2 December 2021
PLEASE NOTE, NO AGENCIES, DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.