Subject Lead IQA
- Part Time
Job Type: Freelance - we will engage with you on a freelance basis to assess, tutor and/or IQA.
Payment: Competitive rate per group/learner
You will need to be able to:
- To work within the online learning platform(s) which are appropriate to the subjects being IQA’d.
- To manage a regular allocation of IQA taken from the distance learning sampling plan. To return completed to the Online Coordinator as requested.
- To provide assessors with high quality reports that will help with ongoing development of process and practice.
- Support training of new IQA’s, provide ongoing coaching and mentoring for new assessors as requested.
- To stay up to date with course standards and WAES procedures through attendance at standardisation meetings and reading regular communications.
- To provide advice, guidance and support to assessors to maximise outcomes for learners and progression opportunities
- To follow up any quality issues identified and ensure these are communicated appropriately to assessors and learners.
- Resolve differences in decisions and support the appeals process.
- To report any ongoing issues with assessment practice to the Online Coordinator
You must hold a recognised assessor qualification along with PTLLS / teaching qualification and be capable of delivering training sessions as well as coaching 1 to 1. You will be part of a supportive team within your subject who are able to help you with any issues and make sure you are on track to meet the achievable standards of a competent training organisation.
Training on e-portfolio systems will be given.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths & English or GCSE English & Maths
- Level 3 Assessor, A1 Assessor or Equivalent
- Level 4 Internal Quality Assurer, V1 Internal Verifier or Equivalent
- You must hold the equivalent or higher qualification in Level 2 Distance Learning Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems, Common Health Conditions, Dignity and Safeguarding, End of Life Care, Mental Health Needs, Principles of Dementia Care, Safeguarding and Prevent and L3 End of life Care.
- Freelance Assessing or verifying: 1 year
- Relevant 12 months CPD
- Professional experience in the industry.
- Recent experience with online/distance learning.
- Experience of good assessment practice in teaching and learning and providing support to learners.
- Experience of the IQA process in education.
- Experience of using Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) or a willingness to work towards.
If you are interested, please send your CV with details of qualifications, experience and recent CPD and a covering Letter email@example.com
Please quote reference number: ED/WAES/1033
The closing date for this post is 9am Friday 3 December 2021
Interviews will take place on Monday 6 or Tuesday 7 December 2021