Specialist Support for Teaching in Schools Tutor
£28.08 per hour to start January 2022
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a City for All where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified tutor to deliver and assess Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools February 2022 onwards to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London.
You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessment to support learners to successfully complete their qualification to a high standard and in a timely manner. You will also be assessing learners in the workplace.
The delivery model is a blended learning model with classes taking place on site and on line. You will be responsible for providing 1-2-1 and group support and guidance to learners, ensuring that they are challenged. In addition, you will be required to produce all delivery material and assessments connected to the course.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Designing Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, resources and assignment briefs where appropriate.
- Deliver training and support both face to face and remotely to groups and/or individuals.
- Supporting the curriculum initial advice and guidance process for prospective learners to ensure we have the right candidates on the right courses.
- Carry out continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learners’ journey.
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports.
- Ensuring all documentation both paper based and electronic (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual Learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc) are completed to a satisfactory level and in a timely fashion.
- A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably PGCE or equivalent - Essential
- Recognised Assessor qualification - Essential
- Recognised Internal Verification qualification - Desirable
- An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours per year)
- A teaching and learning qualification at level 3 or above and demonstrable occupational experience including experience of providing specialist support to school children
- Strong digital skills and the ability to teach on -line
What we Offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
To apply for this vacancy, please visit our website www.waes.ac.uk/vacancies where you can download the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form. Please refer to the Job Description when completing your supporting statement.
When you have completed this, please email it back to email@example.com
Please quote ED/WAES/1031 in all correspondence for this role
The closing date for this vacancy is 9am Friday 3 December 2021
Interviews will take place on Thursday 9 December 2021
CV’s will not be accepted for this vacancy
A Basic DBS is required for this post