Counselling, Coaching & Mentoring and Information, Advice & Guidance Tutors
£28.08 per hour to start January 2022
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a City for All where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified tutors to deliver and assess the following qualifications from January 2022 onwards to a range of adult learners (19+) from in and around London
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Level 3 Certificate in Information, Advice and Guidance
You will be responsible for providing teaching and assessment to support learners to successfully complete their qualification to a high standard in a timely manner as well as producing all learning and assessment materials required.
You will provide 1-2-1 and group support and guidance to learners both on site in class and online class sessions using Microsoft Teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Designing Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, resources and assignment briefs where appropriate.
- Deliver training and support both face to face and remotely to groups and/or individuals.
- Supporting the curriculum initial advice and guidance process for prospective learners to ensure we have the right candidates on the right courses.
- Carry out continuous diagnostic assessments as part of the learners’ journey.
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reports.
- Ensuring all documentation both paper based and electronic (assignment briefs, tracking documents, progress reviews, Individual Learning Plans, attendance registers, portfolios etc) are completed to a satisfactory level and in a timely fashion.
- A recognised teaching qualification for the lifelong learning sector, preferably PGCE or equivalent - Essential
- Recognised Assessor qualification - Essential
- Recognised Internal Verification qualification - Desirable
- An up-to-date CPD record (30 hours per year)
- Sector/qualification specific qualification at level 3 or above and demonstrable occupational experience
- Strong digital skills and the ability to teach on line
What we Offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
To apply for this vacancy, please visit our website www.waes.ac.uk/vacancies where you can download the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form. Please refer to the Job Description when completing your supporting statement.
When you have completed this, please email it back to email@example.com
Please quote ED/WAES/1030 in all correspondence for this role
The closing date for this vacancy is 9am Friday 3 December 2021
Interviews will take place on Thursday 9 December 2021
CV’s will not be accepted for this vacancy
A Basic DBS is required for this post