Senior External Relations Administrator
This role is an exciting opportunity to make a real, and lasting, difference to the work of our External Relations Team!
Type of role: Full time, fixed term (12 month maternity cover)
Reporting to: Director of External Relations
Location: Central London - Tottenham Hale with regular visits to our Whitechapel site
Working Pattern: Normally Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00
Start date: As soon as practicable
Welcome to Ada!
We are the Government’s National College for Digital Skills, a high performing technical college with the mission of educating and empowering the next generation of diverse digital talent. We currently employ 45 staff members educating just under 400 students and apprentices working with a fantastic range of industry partners to fulfil our mission of educating and empowering the next generation of diverse digital talent.
As a small but fast-growing college with campuses in Tottenham Hale, Whitechapel and Manchester, we have a very diverse student body from a wide range of backgrounds and are committed to using tech as a tool for social mobility. We have a wide range of talented staff members from education, corporate and non-profit backgrounds. We’re passionate about building a supportive, values driven environment for both our students and staff and this is where you come in!
What’s your mission:
We are now searching for a Senior External Relations Administrator (maternity cover) to support the External Relations team with a particular focus on Fundraising and Communications:
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure high quality ongoing relationships and develop new ones with partners and stakeholders
- Administrate our volunteer, alumni and coaching programmes
- Research and identify new opportunities to increase/diversify funding streams
- Promote the work of Ada at partner meetings
- Develop and deliver applications, bids and pitches as required
- Produce and distribute content for website, newsletters, leaflets, brochures and other literature
- Responsibility for our monthly newsletter and social media content
- Responsibility for day to day website management, training users across the college and ensuring content is up to date
- Responsibility for accurate and legally compliant record keeping, within the context of GDPR etc., on Ada’s CRM and other lists, keeping supporter and audience mailing lists up-to-date and compliant
- Supporting the ER Team with general administration including, finance, thanking donors, event organisation
- Support the Outreach team at external recruitment events for both the Sixth Form and Apprenticeships
We’d really like to hear from you, if…
- You have the ability to form and maintain excellent relationships
- You have a passion for communications
- You are highly organised and proactive
- You have experience of administering projects or events
- You have strong written and verbal communications skills
- You have experience of keeping accurate, legally compliant records and an understanding of the use of data in fundraising and communications.
- You have a proven track record of contributing to achieving funding targets
- You have experience of working with a CRM
Ada, the National College for Digital Skill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and references will be sought from previous employers prior to commencing employment. Other related pre-employment checks appropriate to the post will also be carried out.
We care about equity, diversity and inclusion
Ada. National College for Digital Skills recognises that equality of opportunity and the recognition and promotion of diversity are integral to its strengths. The following principles apply in respect of the College’s commitment to equality and diversity:
- To provide and promote equality of opportunity in all areas of its work and activity;
- To recognise and develop the diversity of skills and talent within its current and potential community;
- To ensure that all employees and prospective employees of the College are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential without receiving any unjustified discrimination or unfavourable treatment on grounds such as age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender reassignment, trans status, socio-economic status or any other irrelevant distinction;
- To provide and promote a positive working, learning, and social environment which is free from prejudice, discrimination and any forms of harassment, bullying or victimisation;
- To promote good relations between individuals from different groups.
Applicants with disabilities
Ada is keen to increase the number of disabled people it employs. We, therefore, encourage applications from individuals with a disability who are able to carry out the duties of the post. If you have special needs in relation to your application please contact us.
Sadly, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role so can only accept applications from candidates who have the legal right to work and remain in the United Kingdom.
Closing date for completed applications: 2 December 2021
First interviews will take place on Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th December.
Second Interviews will take place on Tuesday 14th December
Thank you for your interest in the role and good luck with your application!
Please apply via the link