Associate Lecturer in English
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for an Associate Lecturer in English to become a key member of our English and Maths department.
As an Associate Lecturer in English, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering and assessing English on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing GCSE and/or Functional Skills English courses and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or level 5 qualification in English
- Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent or willingness to achieve
- GSCE Maths and English (grades A – C) or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Associates work on a short-term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.