Associate Lecturer in Motorsport
We have a great opportunity based at our Silverstone campus for an Associate Lecturer in Motorsport to become a key member of our Motorsport department.
As an Associate Lecturer in Motorsport, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Delivering using a wide range of teaching techniques, skills training to learners to facilitate achievement of the Motorsport Awards, covering practical, workshop based and classroom-based study
- Planning and preparing teaching and learning programmes for individuals and groups of learners
- Developing teaching material specific to the programme of study being delivered
Our ideal candidates will have Experience of teaching Motorsport race technician programmes in the FE sector or Experience of working in a professional motorsport team as a Race Mechanic, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant professional qualifications, such as a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in Motorsport or equivalent professional motorsport industry experience
- Certificate in Education (or equivalent), or willingness to work towards.
- Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C).
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
Starting in January 2022
Up to 24 hours per week
Associates work on a short-term basis as assigned. They teach or provide support services and they work with and are supported by core staff. As an Associate you will be issued with an Associate agreement, under this Agreement period you will be eligible to work on assignments offered to you.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.