Architect Technician (DC060)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
The Directorate of Estates and Capital Projects comprises Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team, Property and Maintenance team and Capital Projects team. Between them they service the estate across the whole of the Luminate Group; As well as undergoing a significant restructure to enable future growth and address much needed change, the directorate is embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will address a significant growth in student numbers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support a wide ranging estates and capital projects works.
- Work with the design manager and wider estates and capital projects teams to create drawings using AutoCad and using packages such as Photoshop to create visuals and concept designs to support internal and external approvals to at least RIBA Stage 2 initially and RIBA Stage 4 if works to be carried out in house.
- Undertake Designer duties (CDM 2015) and create design risk registers.
- Support the Directorate discharge its client duties under CDM.
- Review of design information produced to enable compliance with building regulations and planning requirements.
- Liaise with other internal departments regarding development works including Engineers, Surveyors, Facilities and the Construction team.
- Organise and prepare detailed design drawing packages, schedules, reports and information suitable for issue to Building Regulation and Tender and Construction purposes.
- Assist in writing project and elemental specifications.
- Prepare concept design for client up to RIBA stage 2 to enable internal governance and project approval for capital projects works.
These are only the main duties. There is a more detailed list of duties in the full job description.
- You must have Level 2 Maths and English, and a qualification in Architectural discipline or similar would be desirable as is working towards or desire to obtain RIBA/ CIAT or similar professional qualification.
- The successful candidate will have a good knowledge and understanding of Buildings and the legislative framework surrounding projects works.
- Also desirable would be knowledge of the construction design and management regulations, understanding of the statutory applications required as part of Construction works and knowledge of construction works within buildings containing asbestos.
- Also desirable are knowledge and understanding of the drawings and change control process and some previous experience of use in drawing packages in applications such as AutoCAD
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). This is an exciting time to join this rapidly growing education group, with an Ofsted grade of 'good' with 'outstanding' features, you will be working at one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Luminate Education Group, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Simon Duarri firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.