Want to be part of something big?
Fantastic Opportunity for an experienced Motor Vehicle Team Leader / Programme Leader
- Salary: £37,338-£38,452 per Annum
- Salary negotiable for outstanding candidates
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for a modern, forward-thinking professional to join our thriving College and be at the forefront of our journey from Good to Outstanding. With state-of-the art facilities, including a brand-new purpose-built Construction Centre, a modernised campus with great new provision Oldham College is a great place to work. With a fantastic set of colleagues Oldham College is officially a great place to work. We made the Great Place to Work certified list for 2021-22 and the Best Workplaces for Women list UK too.
Is this you?
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Faculty of Construction and Automotive to appoint a Programme Leader to manage and lead a team of programme tutors within our Motor Vehicle teaching provision.
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to develop their passion for education, playing a pivotal role in the continued development and delivery of the innovative teaching. You should have an excellent understanding of what makes learning engaging, and in addition you’ll have excellent ‘front of house’ skills and be excited about promoting our provision at a variety of events.
You will be expected to:
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate a team of programme tutors
- Teach to a high standard, and develop the relevant skills to teach truly outstanding provision
- Work with colleagues to create provision that excites and stimulates demand
The successful candidate will:
- Have a strong track record of leading a team and delivering and managing high standards of teaching, learning and assessment
- Already be a motivated, experienced and qualified Programme/Course Leader and experienced Tutor with a proven track record of providing learning and assessment in this sector.
- Be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 as a Motor Vehicle Diagnostics educator, and ideally have assessor qualifications and knowledge of the Apprenticeship Standard.
- Have experience of supporting the development of up to date knowledge, skills and behaviours relating to the key priorities for the motor vehicle sector and have a good appreciation of employer skills needs.
- Have experience of leading or participating in multi-disciplinary teams to resolve Faculty/organisational problems.
- Possess excellent information management skills and have experience of using Key Performance Indicators related to learners and course management.
- Have a commitment to providing high quality learning to enable all learners to achieve their full potential.
- Have the ability to truly work as a team player.
- Possess outstanding organisational and interpersonal skills.
Oldham College has:
- Strong links with hundreds of local, regional and national regional employers
- Teaching staff with extensive technical and professional expertise
- An award winning CPD programme
- State-of-the-art specialist facilities, including our new £9m Construction Centre
- Generous holidays, great pension scheme, fantastic reward and benefits platform and access to a range of health and wellbeing facilities and resources.