Programme Tutor- Professional Construction
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, a Silver “TEF” assessment for our higher education provision, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities, and new technology. This includes a state-of-the-art Construction Centre due for completion in April 2021.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet. That’s true, by the way – ask almost anyone who has been here. Or come and see for yourself.
If you want to be outstanding, and want to help us achieve the same thing, then please apply.
We are looking for:
- Programme Tutor – Professional Construction
- Salary: Up to £35,500 for Exceptional Candidates
This is a very important role.
Alun Francis, our Principal, says, “This is a very important appointment, Construction & Motor Vehicle is central to our plans for the future, and we are looking for high calibre candidates. We want people who love their subject area, are committed to keeping up to date, but also want the professional challenge of developing outstanding pedagogical practice. We are investing in the facilities, employer relationships and the skills and knowledge of our staff. We are looking for people who will respond to this, love their learners and enjoy the challenges and benefits of working at Oldham College”
You will be a key member of the Professional Construction team and will be able to motivate our construction learners to achieve their potential. The Faculty is an early adopter of the Construction T levels and in September 2021 we have planned to recruit for the T Level pathway in Design, Surveying and Planning. This exciting new course will provide students with the most up to date technical and professional skills required for direct entry into an apprenticeship or Further Education. We are now recruiting an ambitious team to deliver, develop and expand the qualifications and courses that will respond to local and regional need and we would consider fractional posts for these positions.
Oldham College is a medium sized general further education College, with a turnover of almost £25m. It has one main campus in the centre of town, and this in the third phases of a £40m redevelopment which began in 2012. Higher education is taught on a second, dedicated campus, a short walk away. The College delivers a full range of work related education and training, including 16-18 programmes of study, T levels, apprenticeships, adult learning and higher education. It has over 5000 full-time students and 600 undergraduates.
The College is in the top quartile for 16-18 programmes of study and English GCSE resits, and in apprenticeship provision, but is the second highest performing provider Greater Manchester. The quality of its higher education provision is better than many established universities.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and The Grange Theatre
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to deliver high quality teaching and learning in Professional Construction.
Previous experience of teaching, training or assessing within an FE environment would be a distinct advantage, but if you have the relevant skills and experience in the field, then we are prepared to train you for the role.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve stretching learning
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and blended learning sessions.
- Be a great teacher and role model
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in everyday practice.
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards.
- Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
- Support the development of the T Levels in Construction
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.