Head of Hair, Beauty and Media Makeup (Ref: LCC3062)
2 days left
- Full Time
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
WHAT WE DO
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Leeds city College for a new Head of School in Hair, Beauty and Media Make-Up. In this role you will be able to showcase and develop your management and leadership skills.
The School of Hair, Beauty and Media Makeup combines creativity, industry knowledge, practical experience, and people skills to produce qualified experts in the beauty industry. Courses range from hairdressing to hair removal and are run in-line with the latest fashion and beauty trends.
We have stunning, industry standard salon facilities and cutting-edge makeup studios for our students to train and thrive in as well as giving them valuable experience in a flourishing commercial salon and spa business.
We have a wealth of partnerships with leading brands such as Urban Decay, Treasure House, Dermalogica, Wella, Nouveau, Steiner, St Tropez Sterex, and Skyncare.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As a leader of learning you will be focused on quality improvement, teaching, and learning
- You will plan, develop, and deliver an outstanding curriculum offer that meets the needs of students, employers, and other stakeholders
- You will provide inspirational leadership at LCC by demonstrating the Leeds City College behaviours and values, and ensure that staff and students achieve their full potential
- Deliver outstanding outcomes in terms of retention, achievement, and progression
- Exceed targets for income diversity and volume, as well as for financial contribution
- Provide leadership in the enhancement of learning and teaching
- Provide day to day line management and leadership for staff working within the Department at Printworks Campus
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge
- Thorough and up to date knowledge of Government policy in relation to education and training, including its funding and curriculum / qualification reform
- Expertise, knowledge and understanding of the sector
- Proven experience managing staff in an educational setting
- Proven experience in highly effective curriculum management, including planning, monitoring, reviewing, and improving
- Proven experience of driving measurable quality improvements leading to high student satisfaction levels
- Proven experience of developing demand-led curricula and successfully driving growth
- Experience of working with young people and adults
- Experience of successful administration and management of financial budget
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.