Creative Industries Co-ordinator - either Full or Part Time
Creative Industries Co-ordinator – either Full Time or Part Time Applications will be considered
£34,689 - £38,442 for full time salary depending on skills and experience – 30 days holiday
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a City for All where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community-based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
- To manage classroom based and blended learning, ensuring the quality of delivery and
assessment is of the highest standards
- To ensure the highest levels of efficient and effective customer management and ensure a high-quality learning experience for every learner
- To teach on our accredited provision within your specialist area
- To ensure retention and achievement rates of learners is high and in line with agreed annual KPIs
- To ensure recruitment targets are ambitious and met as per curriculum planning for the academic year
- Line management of 15+ part-time tutors
- You must have previous experience in a post 16 education environment
and proven experience of leading teams
- Experience of teaching in your specialist area of the Creative Industries
on accredited courses (UAL experience desirable)
- A degree or professional qualification in a subject relevant to the area
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in the Creative Industries
- You must have a teaching qualification at Level 5
- An IQA or other Assessor/IV qualification, or willingness to work towards one
- Knowledge of on-line teaching and using EBS (desirable)
What we offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme,
generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote ED/WAES/1027 in all correspondence for this role
To apply please download the relevant Job Description and then complete the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form from our website www.waes.ac.uk/vacancies. Please ensure you address all the role and person criteria when completing your supporting statement.
Closing date for this post is 9am Monday 6 December 2021
Interview and assessment for this post will take place on Tuesday 14 December 2021
A Basic DBS is required for this post.