Head of School – Social Sciences & Health
Location: London (EC3)
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College. Established in 1974 the College is Ofsted inspected, QAA reviewed and OfS registered, with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
The opportunity to lead a recently restructured School that requires an individual who can bring not just the academic and leadership skills necessary, but also a vision to inspire others and the ability to manage people and performance, both internally and also with external partners and stakeholders.
More specifically, you’ll be the focal point driving and motivating your colleagues to ensure we continue to provide and develop high quality, innovative teaching that will attract and inspire students, as well encouraging collaboration to extend and strengthen our provision.
We’re looking for a strong academic track record in Social Sciences, gained in HE or other relevant arena, coupled with a demonstrable desire to create a modern, innovative learning environment in today’s competitive market.
The new Head of School will need to provide leadership and management of the School’s academic team, in order to grow the course portfolio and student body, whilst delivering an excellent student experience and leading improvements in student progression and success rates.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious and highly resilient academic with a passion for driving forward innovation in higher education. You will be expected to effectively manage the academic staff for your respective school and adopt a strong student-centred approach to your work that will enable students to become key players in the industry.
Your responsibilities within the School will extend across undergraduate provision in areas such as public services; criminology; social science and health and social care, although further course developments are expected as is the introduction of postgraduate level programmes.
Applicants will be expected to have:
- significant leadership, management and teaching experience in a higher education role
- a postgraduate level qualification(s) and professional memberships
- an appropriate teaching qualification or registered practitioner status with Advance HE
- academic credibility evidenced by strong subject specific knowledge with evidence of relevant continuous professional development
- experience of quality assurance and enhancement processes with evidence of curriculum design and course approval/validation
- experience of appraisal processes and developing staff at all levels
- demonstrable MS Office skills, VLE expertise and experience in developing online/blended courses/materials
The vacancy is open for a December 2021 or January 2022 start, although for the right candidate a later appointment could be accommodated.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via the apply link