Employability Adviser (WoW Coach)
28 days holiday & exceptional benefits
We are located in the centre of London’s financial district, just a few minutes’ walk from Liverpool Street Station – a key commuting hub.
At Coventry University London the focus is on building a global community gaining real business and professional experience. Over 11,000 international students have travelled from all over the world to take a business course with us. Staff support students build a global community and emerge as a talented, career-ready graduate with an international outlook.
Peoples Future Ltd is the dedicated subsidiary within the Group that combines in a single unit all activities related to employment support, career development and advice, employer engagement and core skills development throughout the student journey, providing students with support tailored to their individual needs and career aspirations for the world of work both nationally and internationally.
We are recognised as a Higher Education and Industry Leader for providing transformational talent solutions aligned to the global world of work.
To support undergraduate students in developing their key World of Work skills including recruitment processes, applications and skills awareness.
The role-holder will be responsible for a specialism and will be involved in the planning and creation of resources to build students’ confidence and business awareness.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting undergraduates, postgraduates and alumni through coaching interventions.
- Building knowledge of job search trends and emerging recruitment practices such as using social media for job search.
- Developing your own specialism in a World of Work field through innovative practice.
- Encouraging key student groups to engage in Talent Team activities.
- Working as part of a blended delivery team to deliver key work skills and knowledge workshops.
This is an exciting opportunity to join and help to shape a ground-breaking new service for the Coventry University Group. If you have a passion for supporting students to gain valuable professional experience opportunities, we’d love to hear from you.
- Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience of delivering an inclusive service to a diverse range of students
- Experience of working with a wide range of professionals at all levels.
- Confident in managing and using data to target support.
- Excellent organisation and time-management skills, with the ability to plan own workload.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively across organisational boundaries with internal/external stakeholders.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and career platforms.
Closing date: 26th November 2021
For more information or to apply online, please visit our website by clicking apply below.