School Liaison Officer (Maternity Cover)
Hours: 37 hours per week
Weeks: Term Time only - 40 weeks per year
Based: Castleford Campus
Duration: This post is fixed term covering maternity leave for up to 12 months or upon the return of the substantive post holder, whichever is the earliest.
We have a fantastic opportunity for School Liaison Officer to join our team where you will promote, develop and co-ordinate links between Wakefield College and local schools and communities through key school liaison priorities.
As a School Liaison Officer this will include;
- Coordinating the day to day running of Wakefield College’s School Liaison activity and aim to increase the number of applications and enrolments from partner schools in the district and beyond
- Lead in the delivery of the College’s Schools Liaison activity and increase the number of school age children visiting the College to participate in activities such as Year 10 Taster Days, General Taster Sessions, Open Events, College visits and tours, and the Wakefield Children’s University days.
- Deliver activities and presentations in schools to increase awareness of the learning opportunities at Wakefield College.
We are looking for the following skills and experience;
- A level 3 qualification or equivalent, along with GCSE Maths and English, grade A*-C / 9 - 4 or level 2 equivalent
- Experience of working with primary and/or secondary school age children in an educational capacity
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues relating to 14-19 education
- Excellent communication skills
Join us and we promise the support of a great team, as well as the satisfaction of contributing to learner achievements.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Tuesday 16 November 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 24 November 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.