Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Fixed term contract for up to 2 years, with a view to progression on successful completion of your apprenticeship.
Salary: National Minimum Wage for age (see below)
16 - 20 years old = £12,656 per annum
21 - 22 years old = £16,129 per annum
23 years old and over = £17,190 per annum
Location: Wakefield College Campuses – Wakefield and Castleford
This unique apprenticeship opportunity will provide you with knowledge and work experience of a busy Estates function, that delivers property services to our college community over a number of campuses and buildings. Flexibility is a key factor in excelling in this role, as you will be working with a dedicated team that has a history of delivering projects and services that exceed customer expectations.
This hands-on role will allow you to gain experience in all aspects of our Estates function that ranges from external bookings to heating and ventilation, health and safety to catering. You will spend a significant amount of time within each service area and gain industry recognised qualifications in a range of subjects including NVQ Level 1 or 2 in Business Administration or Customer Service.
We are committed to ensuring the happiness and wellbeing of our staff and we offer fantastic benefits including:
- A real job with training, where you will get to learn whilst you earn
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 additional College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Alongside GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths, you’ll need great communication skills, a helpful approach, and the ability to work as part of a team, plus a commitment to making sure that the work you do is of a high standard at all times.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
Closing date: 11.00am on Thursday 4 November 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults, and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.