Trainer / Assessor for Electrical Installation
A Market Forces payment could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidate. This can be discussed at interview / offer stage.
Location: Castleford, Wakefield and district / client premises
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trainer / Assessor for Electrical Installation to join our Apprenticeships & Commercial Training team. This opportunity will allow you to pass on your Electrical Installation experience, ideas, knowledge and skills to young people in order to help support them in improving their own skills and attributes.
As a Trainer / Assessor for Electrical Installation, you will deliver high quality training to individuals and groups and assess learners in their place of work and College to meet National Occupational Standards within the Construction/Electrical Installation industry.
We are looking for a qualified Electrical Installation professional, who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has a passion for Electrical Installation and can inspire young people and help them achieve their goals.
As a Trainer / Assessor for Electrical Installation, you should:
- Be qualified to NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation
- Have D32/D33, TAQA or A1 Assessors award or currently undertaking or willing to undertake this
- Hold GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Have current practical experience within Electrical Installation
- Hold a Full Driving Licence and own transport/or access to transport
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to motivate students
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work with employers to grow business
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 1 November 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 9 November or Wednesday 10 November 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.