Teacher / Lecturer in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Installation
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- A Market Forces payment could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidate. This can be discussed at interview / offer stage.
- Location: Castleford Campus
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Teacher / Lecturer in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Installation to teach on a range of Electrical Engineering courses. You will join our innovative team of highly qualified professionals, working to achieve the college’s mission, transforming lives through learning, by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Installation, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of students, by providing them with the engineering skills, knowledge and training required to enable them to achieve their goals, while ensuring the economic development and success of engineering industries.
We are seeking a motivated person who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers, has up-to-date engineering industry knowledge and expertise, a passion for the engineering sector and an excellent team player.
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in Electrical Engineering / Electrical Installation
- Have experience in a relevant industry and/or educational setting
- Have practical skills and theoretical knowledge of Electrical Engineering / Electrical Installation
- Hold GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
New to Teaching?
Are you an industry specialist qualified in Electrical Engineering?
If you are a good team player and have a comprehensive knowledge of your industry and would like to get into teaching, then this opportunity could be for you!
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, drive and enthusiasm, qualified in their specific subject area and who would like to pass their knowledge and skills on to our students.
If you have not previously worked within the Education sector but have considered a career move, you may be suitable for the Department of Education - Taking Teaching Further initiative, which employs industry specialists direct into Further Education. You will receive an enhanced support package whilst you gain a Teaching Qualification.
This opportunity can be discussed at the interview stage.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing Date: 11.00am on Tuesday 2 November 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.