Land Based Technician - Agricultural Machinery
We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Land Based Technician in Agricultural Machinery to become a key member of our Land and Environment department.
As a Land Based Technician in Agricultural Machinery, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Overseeing all practical areas across the land-based provision with responsibility for, machinery maintenance, machinery resource management and health and safety.
- Providing technical support in workshop, classroom and practical working areas including the machinery centre, walled garden, college farm and agronomy.
- Setting up, maintain and care for land-based resources and facilities in particular those in the agricultural provision.
- Supporting machinery-based resources and tasks required on the college farm working with the farm manager.
- Facilitating a weekly timetable of practical activities within land-based subjects through liaison with teaching staff
Our ideal candidates will have successful practical experience in vocational area
and knowledge of current industry practices, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in agriculture or equivalent
- GCSE Maths and English Grade A – D or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake additional training
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
39 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 9th November 2021
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.