We have a great opportunity based at our Shuttleworth campus for a Residential Cook to become a key member of our Bedford College Services department.
As a Residential Cook, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Assisting the Chef Manager in creating menus for both day time and evenings.
- Being able to prepare, cook and present food to a high standard
- Ensuring that all food service areas are fully stocked, assist with stock take to be completed at the end of each month.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of using cooking skills to intensify flavours and enhance the taste and knowledge and experience of using creative skills to enhance plate presentation and buffet presentations, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Kitchen, Larder or Vocational experience. (3+ years of supervisory level.
- Hygiene Qualification at Level 2
- English and Mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and Mathematics at Level 2 or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Services
40 hours per week (0.72368 FTE) / 33 weeks per year
This FTE calculation includes a notional allowance for Annual Leave, which is taken during non-working weeks based on a working pattern of 40 hours over 33 weeks.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.