Facilities Manager x 2 FTE (DC064)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
WHAT WE DO
The Directorate of Estates and Capital Projects comprises Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team, Property and Maintenance team and Capital Projects team. Between them they service the estate across the whole of the Luminate Group; As well as undergoing a significant restructure to enable future growth and address much needed change, the directorate is embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will address a significant growth in student numbers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Implement the Estates strategy within a portfolio of Luminate Education Group sites by providing a comprehensive, customer led service.
- Provide support via matrix management into the Head of Property and Maintenance for all property related matters including compliance, repairs and Health & Safety.
- Manage the Facilities budget for the sites within their portfolio.
- Be responsible for the local Estates teams and support them to deliver a high level of customer service in line with Luminate Education Group’s values and priorities.
- Support the commissioning of any capital building project from concept to delivery and handover to the site and act as the key site contact as required.
- Co-ordinate with design and construction partners in relation to the quality and future proofing of building and sites to ensure the needs of the users are met and expectations are managed.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all stakeholders working closely with the Health & Safety Advisor to ensure all internal and external service providers operate to safe systems of work (SSOW) in full compliance with statutory and college requirements.
- Support the Property and Maintenance Team with on site works, (health and safety screening, permits to work) ensuring minimal impact on the daily operation of the site, as well as updating the site management on progress and possible impact of works.
- Implement systems, polices, procedures and training and development programmes to support the effective operation of the sites.
- Carry out a minimum of 10% audits on systems, policies and procedures.
- Assist with procurement activity for sites within the portfolio ensuring consistency, competitive pricing models and quality.
- Ensure employees, external contractors and third-party suppliers make the best use of resources, equipment and materials through effective planning.
- Manage with the Principals the risk register for the portfolio of sites and contribute to the longer-term 5-year cycles of estates management planning.
- Support the Property and Maintenance team by completing asset collection and verification exercises to assist with planned preventative maintenance programmes (PPM).
- Ensure all pre-planned and reactive jobs are reported via the Luminate Education Group Service desk.
- Provide advice, guidance and recommendations to the Head of Campus Facilities, Head of Property and Maintenance, Head of Health, Safety and Environment and Capital Projects Manager in relation to the management and development of sites.
- Report regularly to senior stakeholders on the performance of the teams within their area of responsibility (more details on the Job Description document)
- Demonstrable and significant experience in facilities property and maintenance management, including people and contract management, tendering, business development, continuity planning, risk management, legal and statutory obligations within the scope of Facilities Maintenance delivery.
- Educated to Level 5 in a relevant construction or facilities subject
- Full clean driving licence
- Membership of CIOB, CIBSE or iWFM is desirable
- Experience of successful development and delivery of multiple facilities services in an effective, efficient and compliant manner.
- A solid working knowledge of the principles of procurement, contract management and statutory compliance regulations affecting delivery of a customer focused, pro-active facilities service
- Customer focused, with a proven track record of understanding and responding to customer demand, in a proactive manner Experience of developing, monitoring and auditing performance against service quality standards and service level agreements
- Successful experience of building, leading, supporting and motivating teams and individuals, including those who are not directly line managed.
- A record of efficient and successful budgetary management.
- A proven ability to analyse complex data and produce succinct reports
- The ability to utilise modern technology to improve service delivery (more details in the person specification document attached to the Job Description)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). This is an exciting time to join this rapidly growing education group, with an Ofsted grade of 'good' with 'outstanding' features, you will be working at one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Luminate Education Group, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.