Teaching Assistant (Maternity Cover)
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Teaching Assistant to become a key member of our Additional Learning Support department.
As a Teaching Assistant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Assisting the learner in accessing the curriculum
- Assisting the learner to achieve their qualification aim
- Assisting the learner to become independent learners
- Delivering the support needs of the individual as identified at the support interview
Our ideal candidates will have working knowledge of Learner Support post 16 and experience of working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, alongside the following qualifications:
- Qualified to Level 3 in a relevant subject.
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Level 3 certificate in adult English/maths subject support or equivalent
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd) – Fixed-term Contract
End date: 4th July 2022
37 hours per week (0.72323 FTE) / 34 weeks per year
273 hours holiday per annum, pro rata
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.