Lecturer in Counselling
We have a great opportunity based at our Wellingborough campus for a Lecturer in Counselling to become a key member of our Care and Early Years department.
As a Lecturer in Counselling, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying on a range of Counselling courses and levels but specifically to support L4 Counselling students.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students’ learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range programmes and levels and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
- L4 qualification in Person Centred Counselling
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Vocational background in Health and Social care
- Certificate in Education ( or willing to work towards)
- 10 hours of personal therapy
- Member of BACP
- 30 hours per year CPD activities
- Current practitioner with 2 years’ supervised counselling practice or minimum 450 counselling hours
- Supervision qualification or 1 year experience of providing supervision to groups or individuals in a counselling setting
- Teaching qualification and 2 years teaching and assessing at level 2 and 3 or above.
Lecturers / Teachers
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
18.5 hours per week (0.5 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
392.2 holiday per annum, pro rata
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.