Teacher / Lecturer in Construction Craft
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Salary: £25,633 - £26,387 per annum (Unqualified) and £29,691 - £33,410 per annum (Qualified)
A Market Forces payment could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidate. This can be discussed at interview / offer.
- Location: Castleford and Wakefield Campuses
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Teacher / Lecturer in Construction Craft – Trowel or Carpentry and Joinery, to join our hard working and successful Construction team, where you will support every student to reach their full potential.
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Construction Craft, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of students, by providing them with the skills, knowledge and training required to enable them to achieve their goals; while ensuring the economic development and success of Construction industries.
Our purpose-built Castleford Campus has superbly equipped workshops and specialist rooms available.
We are looking for a motivated person who is enthusiastic about working with young people, adults and employers and has a passion for Construction.
To find out more about our Construction curriculum and the courses that we offer visit www.wakefield.ac.uk/construction
As a Teacher / Lecturer in Construction, you should:
- Be qualified to Level 2 in a Construction Craft related subject
- Have experience of working within the Construction industry
- Have an understanding of industry expectations in relation to the Construction Craft trades
- Hold GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent or working at this level
New to Teaching?
Are you an industry specialist qualified in Construction?
If you are a good team player and have a comprehensive knowledge of your industry and would like to get into teaching, then this opportunity could be for you!
We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, drive and enthusiasm, qualified in their subject specialist area who would like to pass their knowledge and skills on to our students.
If you have not previously worked within the Education sector but have considered a career move, you may be suitable for the Department of Education Taking Teaching Further initiative, which employs industry specialists direct into Further Education. You will receive an enhanced support package whilst you gain a Teaching Qualification. This opportunity can be discussed at the interview stage.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets, and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 22 October 2021
Interview date: Friday 5 November 2021
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES, DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.