Team Leader x 2, Cleaning (Part Time) (DC066)
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
2 x Part Time contracts, 20 hours per week.
WHAT WE DO
The Directorate of Estates and Capital Projects comprises Health, Safety and Environment team, the Campus Facilities team, Property and Maintenance team and Capital Projects team. Between them they service the estate across the whole of the Luminate Group; As well as undergoing a significant restructure to enable future growth and address much needed change, the directorate is embarking in a growth programme to create a number of new campuses over the next five years which will address a significant growth in student numbers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the Premises Supervisor in ensuring the effective day-to-day functioning of the cleaning team, adjusting staff deployment and prioritising works across the buildings where necessary to respond to any staffing issues, to ensure all areas are cleaned in line with cleaning specifications.
- Ensure cleaning staff have prompt access to their areas of work (for example issuing and collecting keys, opening areas or requesting changes to their access cards as appropriate) and where problems arise to deal with these or escalate as required.
- Ensure that any faulty equipment is reported immediately and taken out of use, and labelled appropriately and that any equipment is operated safely, with due attention to Health & Safety legislation.
- Issue and manage stock to ensure cleaners have the materials and equipment to do their work but stock is managed in line with good stock control practices, COSHH regulations and any control systems in place.
- Work flexibly and extend the cleaning service to cater for special events such as Open Days.
- Be a member of the emergency call out team.
- Responsible for the security of the colleges’ buildings and equipment between 6am and 8am Monday to Friday.
- As part of working in a safe environment, to monitor formally and informally the practices of the cleaning team to ensure they are in line with training received, task descriptors and risk assessments in force.
- Responsible for complying with Health & Safety Policies, such as COSHH, and procedures as instructed.
- Assist in the carrying out of the weekly Fire Alarm Test.
- Act as the liaison between the Department and the cleaning teams, supporting any consultation exercises, dissemination of communications and assisting with the engagement of the cleaning staff in any process improvement activities, environmental initiatives
- Act as the line manager of the team for holiday approval and other HR functions using ITrent system
- Coordinate any training needs of the cleaning team to assist the Premises Supervisor in maintaining and updating training records and planning training activities to include the cleaning team.
- When required assist the cleaning team in effective daily cleaning and tidying of the college premises to the agreed cleaning specification of the college, following relevant industry standards as well as Health & Safety, Security and Environmental arrangements
Level 2 Maths and English are essential IOSH Managing Safely and NVQ level 2 certification in cleaning skills (or equivalent) are desirable but not essential.
Essential experience includes the following:
- Previous commercial cleaning experience
- A good work related knowledge of Health and Safety
- Experience of supervising a team
- Experience of working flexibly to meet business demand
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). This is an exciting time to join this rapidly growing education group, with an Ofsted grade of 'good' with 'outstanding' features, you will be working at one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Luminate Education Group, including:
Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
Proof of right to work in the UK
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
Two professional references
Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Please use the person specification (on the job description under "Documents Available") to complete your supporting statement.
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.