Construction Workshop Trainer
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week
- Location: Castleford Campus
Our Construction curriculum is delivered across two campuses, Lightwaves in the centre of Wakefield and the Castleford campus. Lightwaves in the main offers a Construction Craft provision with Castleford accommodating both Craft and Building Services.
The department for Construction delivers a range of training and learning programmes covering Bricklaying, Bench Joinery and Site Carpentry, Plastering, Electrical Installation and Plumbing. The qualifications available range from entry level to level 4 (Higher National Certificate).
We are recruiting for a Construction Workshop Trainer to train and assess learners involved in practical activity for qualifications linked to Level 1 and 2 associated with Construction skills.
As a Construction Workshop Trainer, you will use pre prepared workshop training resources to instruct learners in practical activity in the Construction workshops. In addition, you will assess learners work and provide feedback to support their progress and achievement of their full potential in the workshop activity. You will also support with the maintenance of the workshops, the dismantling of work prepared by students and ensuring there is adequate stock levels of materials.
As a Construction Workshop Trainer, you should:
- Hold a Level 2 qualification or equivalent in a Construction discipline e.g. Bricklaying, Carpentry and Joinery or Electrical Installation
- Hold a First Aid qualification or willingness to undertake
- Have GCSE A*- C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent qualification or be working at this level (to be assessed at interview)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- A wide range of experience gained within the Construction industry
- Specialist vocational skills in the Construction industry
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a busy environment
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 22 October 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.