Student Adviser (Careers)
- Hours: 22.2 hours per week (working pattern to be discussed at interview)
- Location: Wakefield Campus
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Student Experience and Services team.
As a Student Adviser (Careers) you will provide a comprehensive and impartial careers information, advice and guidance service to students. You will also act as a first point of reference within Student Central for any enquiries from students, staff or the public and signpost students to the appropriate services within college.
As a Student Adviser (Careers) you will have a pivotal role in ensuring a student experience of the highest quality and to support students to reach their full potential through:
- encouraging their participation in appropriate learning opportunities
- supporting the achievement of the Gatsby benchmarks
- raising aspirations and self-confidence
- removing barriers to learning
- developing their employability
You should be passionate about student’s achieving their potential and putting the facilities and support in place to make sure we prepare students not only for college life but for life and work beyond college.
It is a diverse role, where you will work in a busy environment and liaise with lots of different staff and stakeholders with the student at the heart of the role.
As a Student Adviser (Careers) you should have:
- A qualification in careers guidance e.g. Qualification/Diploma in Careers Guidance, NVQ4/Level 6 in Advice & Guidance
- Experience in a careers support/advisory role with a wide range of clients
- GCSE A* - C / 9 - 4 in English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of planning and delivery of group sessions
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave pro rata for part time + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 22 October 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 2 November 2021
Transforming lives through learning …
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.